Started to design the
chimney stack, petticoat and blast nozzle. Used formulas to
determine sizing, positioning, etc. Proved one thing, theory
doesn't always work! If I used the formulas, the 1:3 and 1:6
cones would not be in the right position so I threw out the
formulas and repositioned things so the 1:3 and 1:6 cones were
in the right spot. I figured that was more important to get
proper draft. Here's a drawing with the final setup. The GREEN
cone is the 1:3 and the RED Cone is the 1:6 Also included a
drawing of the parts that made up the blast nozzle.
Here's the CAD drawing
of the blast nozzle.
In order to make things
easy to change, I designed this thing so I can adjust the height
by adding or removing plates. The nozzle itself can be easily
replaced in case I needed to adjust the blast angle, orifice
size, etc. during test runs. I also drilled 4 small holes at a
3 degree inclined angle for the blower.
Update: Please see section #47
Post Steamup for modifications
to the blast nozzle.